Last Updated: January 5th, 2021
Shop4Market understands you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously. Please read the following to learn more about our privacy practices.
This Policy covers our treatment of the personal information we gather through use of our Services.
What Information does Shop4Market Collect?
We collect information about your use of our Services, including purchase history and items that you show interest in. We also gather various types of personal information, as explained in more detail below.
We use this information internally in connection with our Services, including to: personalize, provide, and improve our Services; allow you to set up a user account and profile; contact you and allow other users to contact you; enable fulfillment of requests for certain products and services; and analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some personal information with third parties, but only as described below. Information You Provide to Us: We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, if you create an account or place an order with us, we may collect personal information such as:
Retailers: When you register as a Retailer with Shop4Market, we will collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, business address, store name, store address, years you have been in business, and projected sales figures. If you place an order to purchase goods from Vendors through Shop4Market, we will also collect information to facilitate that order, such as your shipping address, Tax Identification Number, and payment information. In some cases, we may request additional information to validate your business, such as photos of your store or your social media profiles. In some cases, we may request information such as your Social Security number or financial or lease records to establish your account limits. If you register as a Retailer with our marketplace or Service, we will collect (or confirm, if previously provided to Shop4Market) your first and last name, email address, store name, store type, store address, phone number, store owner biography and photo, store photo, shipping and delivery rates and speeds, social media profile information, Tax Identification Number, Reseller ID, and your bank account information so we can pay you.
Vendors (i.e., Vendors): When you register as a Vendor with Shop4Market, we will collect your first and last name, brand name, website, address, phone number, and information about your brand such as the primary category of products you provide, number of stores you have, the countries you operate in, and your social media profiles. If you are accepted as a Vendor for Shop4Market, we may ask for additional information to build out your profile such as your profile photo, wholesale pricing and order requirements, and years you have been established. When you receive an order through Shop4Market, we will collect information to facilitate that order, such as your Tax Identification Number, tax class, and bank account information so we can pay you. Optionally, you may choose to provide information about your existing retail customers to refer to Shop4Market, such as their name, store name, and email address.
Consumers: If you create an account or place an order through our Neighborhood marketplace, we will collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, shipping address, and payment information. Communication with Us We collect personal information from you when you communicate with us, for example when you request information about our services, contact our Support team, apply for a job, or register for our newsletter.
Surveys, Sweepstakes, and Contests
We may ask you to participate in optional surveys, where you may be asked to provide personal information. 3 Additionally, we may conduct sweepstakes or contests where you may be asked to provide personal information. This information may be used to contact you about the sweepstakes or contest, and for other promotional and marketing purposes, as permitted by law. Additionally, note that some jurisdictions require us to publicly share information about sweepstakes and contest winners.
Information Collected Automatically
We may use analytics service providers, including Google Analytics, to collect information regarding visitors to our Services, such as their behavior on our Services or information about their demographic. For more information about Google Analytics, see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Your browser may offer you a “Do Not Track” option, which allows you to signal to operators of websites and web applications and services (including behavioral advertising services) that you do not wish such operators to track certain of your online activities over time and across different websites. At this time, we do not respond to nor honor Do-Not Track signals from web browsers.
Information Collected from Third Parties
We may collect information about you through a referral program, such as when a Shop4Market Retailer or Vendor refers one of their existing customers or partners to Shop4Market.
If you have been referred to Shop4Market but wish to opt out of emails from us, please contact us as explained below.
If you access our Services through a third party or social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application if that information has been made public via your privacy settings with that third party. For example, if you register for Shop4Market with Facebook, we may collect your name, profile ID, location, gender, profile picture, and list of your friends. We may receive information about you from other sources, including to supplement the information we have collected about you. In some circumstances, we may receive payment performance information to evaluate your eligibility for extended payment terms (such as Net 60).
With your explicit consent, Shop4Market uses Plaid Technologies, Inc. (“Plaid”) to gather End User’s data from financial institutions.
By using our Services, you grant Shop4Market and Plaid the right, power, and authority to act on your behalf to access and transmit your personal and financial information from the relevant financial institution.
How Does Shop4Market Use the Personal Information It Collects?
We use the information we collect about you for various business purposes as described below. Provide, Personalize, and Improve our Services.
- Allow you to set up a user account and profile.
- Fulfill your requests for products and services.
- Provide customized content, offers, or Services, including marketing content via email, social media, SMS, or other channels.
- Communicate with you about your account and updates to our Services.
- Determine your order or account limits and eligibility for extended payment terms.
- Process payments.
- Provide advertising, analytics, and marketing.
- Process applications and transactions.
- Allow you to register for events.
- Facilitate communications between you and other users.
- Analyze how you use the Services.
- Understand interest and engagement on the Services.
- Engage in marketing or sales outreach.
- Research and develop Services.
- Improve and streamline our Services.
- Other purposes you consent to or are notified of at the time you provide personal information Protect You and Our Services and Comply with the Law. a) Detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity. b) Ensure quality control. c) Verify your identity and prevent fraud. d) Debug to identify and repair errors. e) Enforce our Terms and policies. f) Audit or other compliance activities. g) Comply with our legal obligations, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good.
De-Identified and Aggregated Information.
We may use personal information to create de -identified, aggregated information such as: information about demographics, de-identified location information, information about devices used to access our Services, and de -identified, aggregate information on transactions on our Services that help our users understand and optimize sales.
Automatic Collection Technologies
Our use of automatic collection technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, and local storage objects fall into the following general categories:
- Strictly Necessary: Technologies that allow you to access our Services and use our features, and tools that help us identify irregular site behavior and prevent fraudulent activity or improve security.
- Personalization: Technologies that help us personalize advertising and content for you, such as by making inferences about your interests based on the content you interact with on our Services, which informs future selections of content or advertising.
- Measurement: Technologies that collect information about your use of our Services, including measuring, understanding, and reporting on your usage of the Services.
- Information Storage and Access: Technologies that store information or provide access to information that is already stored on your device, such as your shopping cart.
- Content Selection, Delivery, and Reporting: Technologies that select and deliver content for you, and measure the effectiveness of that content, including information about what content was shown, how often or how long it was shown, when and where it was shown, and what actions, if any, you took on the content.
- Ad Selection, Delivery, and Reporting: Technologies that select and deliver advertisements for you, and measure the effectiveness of those advertisements, including information about what advertisements were shown, how often or how long they were shown, when and where they were shown, and what actions, if any, you took on the advertisements.
Your browsing activity may be tracked across different devices or Shop4Market Services. For instance, we may match your activity on our website using your mobile device with your browsing activity on your laptop. To do this, we may match information such as your browsing patterns, geolocation, and device identifiers where it appears to be related to the same user.
APIs and SDKs
We may use third-party APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”), which may allow third parties to collect personal information about you for various purposes, such as to conduct analytics, verify your business when you register with Shop4Market as a Retailer or Vendor, provide customized content, or otherwise streamline the Services. For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, contact us as described below.
Will Shop4Market Share Any of the Personal Information It Receives?
We do not rent nor sell your personal information in personally identifiable form to anyone, except as expressly provided below. We have not sold personal information for valuable consideration in the last 12 months. For a list of categories of personal information, we have shared with third parties for a business purpose in the last 12 months.
We may share your personal information with third parties as described in this section:
- When You Request That We Share Your Information: We may offer Services, features, or promotions that involve sharing your information with a third party or with other Shop4Market users. If you request or agree to have your information shared with a third party as part of a feature or Service, we will share that information at your request.
- If we extend you payment terms (such as Net 60), we may share aggregated payment performance information with third-party service providers that report on payment performance to Shop4Market and other businesses.
- De-Identified Information: We may provide de-identified or aggregate information to our partners, including usage information to help our partners understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. Before we share this information, we take reasonable efforts aligned with industry best practices to ensure that this information cannot identify you.
- Advertising on the Shop4Market Platform: We may allow advertisers and/or merchant partners (“Advertisers”) to choose the demographic information of users who will see their advertisements and/or promotional offers. You agree that we may provide any of the information we have collected from you in non-personally identifiable form to an Advertiser, in order for that Advertiser to select the appropriate audience for those advertisements and/or offers. For example, we might use the fact you are located in San Francisco to show you ads or offers for San Francisco businesses, but we will not tell such businesses who you are. Or, we might allow Advertisers to display their ads to users with similar usage patterns to yours, but we will not disclose usage information to Advertisers except in aggregate form, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. Note that if an advertiser asks us to show an ad to a certain audience or audience segment and you respond to that ad, the advertiser may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they were trying to reach.
- Advertising outside the Shop4Market Platform: We may use personal information to help us deliver targeted advertising and to measure the effectiveness of advertising.
- Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliated companies.
- User Profiles and Submissions: Certain user profile information, including your name, location, and any video or image content that such user has uploaded to the Services, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for our services. Your account privacy settings may allow you to limit the other users who can see the personal information in your user profile and/or what information in your user profile is visible to others. Please remember that any content you upload to your public user profile, along with any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other user can view (on discussion boards, in messages and chat areas, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by anyone. Your username may also be displayed to other users if you send messages or comments or upload images or videos through the Services and other users can contact you through messages and comments.
- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, personal information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- International Data Transfers: You agree that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to the United States or other countries which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where yu reside or do business. We have taken reasonable safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected, and we require our third-party service providers to provide appropriate safeguards as well. Children’s Information As noted in the Terms and Conditions, we do not knowingly collect nor solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us with personal information, please contact us as described below.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other personal information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Are My Privacy Rights and Choices?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
Opting Out of Communications: If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or follow opt-out instructions provided in other communication channels. Note you may still receive transactional emails from us.
Opting Out of Cookies and Advertising: You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your device or remove them as your browser or device permits. Visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, www.youronlinechoices.eu, www.youradchoices.ca/choices, and www.aboutads.info/choices/ to learn more about the choices available to opt out of cookies and advertising.
Updating Your Account Information: Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us: Name, email address, location and payment information The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us as described below.
You may also have privacy rights including:
- Access Data: You may have the right to receive a copy of data we have about you.
- Request Correction of Data: You may request that we update information we have about you.
- Request Deletion of Data: You may request that we delete information we have about you.
- Request Restriction of or Object to Processing: You may have the right to opt in or opt out of certain uses of your data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below. We will process your request in the time and manner required by law.
To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by asking you to log in to your Shop4Market account or confirm your email address. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights. If you wish to designate an authorized agent to make a privacy request for you, please email us from the email address associated with your Shop4Market account and inform us of this designation, along with the designated agent’s name and email address.
We store personal information for as long as you use our Services or as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes or establish legal defenses, enforce our Terms or other agreements, engage in audits, protect our Services, prevent fraud, comply with the law, or for legitimate business purposes.
What if I have questions about this policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please contact us at: Shop4Market, LLC. [email protected]